Old Seward/Oceanview Community Council

The Old Seward/Oceanview Community Council boundaries are marked on the north by Klatt Road, on the east by the Seward Highway, on the west by Timberlane Drive & Thomasson Drive, and on the south by Cook Inlet.  The council meets at 7:00pm on the 4th Wednesday of every month at Oceanview Elementary School (except during the summer when school is out of session).  Click here to visit the Old Seward/Oceanview Community Council website.

This entry was posted in Community Council, Oceanview and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Old Seward/Oceanview Community Council

  1. Al says:

    Is the Oceanview homeowners association considered inactive? Are dues required? Do we make this a noted comment on a property disclosure statement in the event of a sale?

    • Pete Johnson says:

      The short answer to the homeowners association question is that it depends on where you live in Oceanview. The Oceanview North Runway Homeowners Association and the Flying Crown Homeowners Association are both active and charge annual dues. These two associations cover homes near the runway that have airstrip rights, but do not affect the majority of Oceanview homeowners. The Oceanview Homeowners Association was active years ago, but currently is not and there are no dues. A quick search of the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business & Professional Licensing website shows non-profit corporation licenses for the Oceanview North Runway HOA & Flying Crown HOA, but nothing else for Oceanview other than the Oceanview South HOA, which is a condominium association off of Johns Road. Regarding the property disclosure question: The State of Alaska Residential Real Property Transfer Disclosure Statement, page 4, question #5 has blanks and boxes to check for the HOA name, dues amount and whether or not it’s active.

  2. Anne says:

    Is this the correct forum to ask questions about speed bumps on High View Drive?

    • Pete Johnson says:

      Yes, it is. My goal for this blog is to provide information and answers. The municipal website currently has a Municipal Speed Hump Program page accessible here: Muni Speed Hump Program However, the municipal speed hump request process may be in transition. The Speed Hump Program was recently reactivated after basically being on hold for the past three years or so due to various constraints. It now faces a backlog of requests and limited funding. Per Tim Myland, the newly hired Municipal Traffic Calming Engineer, your best bet at this time is to call him directly to receive information and direction regarding any specific speed hump requests. The Municipal Traffic Engineering Office phone number is 343-8406. Their office is located on the 2nd floor of the Municipal Office Building at 4700 Elmore Road.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s